About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 18 February 2014

SCRAP FRIENDS #22 SKETCH CHALLENGE

LOL...it didn't take me long, did it? Off the DT & into the challenges!!
But this is Zeneva's FIRST sketch for Scrap Friends - so how could I NOT join in, especially since it's such a beauty!
You will notice a tad of the Dreaded Colour. I've obviously come a long way from my Fear of the Purple. Maybe it's something to do with being on the Purple Pumpkin team....& they sure do have a LOTTA purple stuff in their shop!!!!!
Anyways, I digress. Bad habit. Slap. Right, here's what I did:
 And...I'm being good...following my very OWN challenge to use chippy....all from DUSTY ATTIC from my OFF THE RAILS win....golded [??? new verb???!!!] them up with heat embossing....as I did around the edges.....here's the sketch:
 I kept fairly close to the sketch....Dylusions ink spray & Montmartre Dimensional white paint through the masks...that stuff is fabulous...so glad Nadia C 'shared' this hint!!
 A Purple Pumpkin felt heart...with GOLD staples [thanks Mitra!!]...
...& below a felt flower alongside lotsa PP buttons...can you see the Dusty Attic arrows that I've gold glittered up?
Feathers from Wally's walks & from Helen T...the Dusty Attic heart is also golded up [I LIKE saying that!!]
 And tucked under I've also got a gold doily, also from Mitra! I have LOVELY bloggy friends:):)
 Wee Brooke is ALMOST finished her treatment for leukaemia...hopefully April...it's been a long road...
 And lastly, I tried to get a photo so you could see the GLITTER...it really is YUMMY:):)
Thanks for looking! Hope this inspires you in some way to get scrappy & join in at Scrap Friends:):)
Cheers, Lizzy ♥♥♥

26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout, love the photo and such lovely embellies

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a challenge junkie you are Lizzy!! Love the touches of gold here. So no more Scrap Friends eh? Well you are a busy bee now - Busy Lizzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! Love all the gold! You did purple proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A funky, eclectic page Lizzy. No one would guess your purple phobia. Love the spotty buttons and the "Golding" tee hee...new scrap vocabulary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this Lizzy, a gorgeous photo , scrapped beautifully. I love all the golded up pieces , they look great. Love the heart and arrows. I hope Brooke is all well asap, poor little button. I really like that sketch, might try and give this a go if time permits

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are on a roll Lizzy. I especially love all the different embellies under the fussy cut photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yah Lizzy...I have been waiting for your purple one...and it's FANTASTIC! LOVE that gold...really makes this pop! You always inspire me to try new things and to pop bits and pieces here and there....things that I would never have done.....thanks for the inspiration....And I absolutely LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lizzy, your layout makes me swoon... I really love the way you combine so many bits and pieces and it just.. works. I must admit I suffer from the dreaded Fear Of Purple Syndrome but I think it's possible to overcome with the right inspiration :) Love your golded/gilded elements, just beautiful.
    PS, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely personal comment on my PP layout. It made my day xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooooooooooooo gorgeous!!! I love love love love the colors, the feathers and the hearts!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! LOVE the gold embossed chippies and the gold staples...need some of those!
    And look at you rocking the purple...:*winks*

    ReplyDelete
  11. You most definitely showed that purple who's boss, Lizzy! This is GORGIE! I can't believe all of the forethought you had to have put into the layers of details. FAB! PS. Hope the kiddo is ok...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is just gorgeous. Love all the details, those flowers...all! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. FLIP this is just gorgeous... Bizzy Lizzy that is what I am going to call you from now on... You make my head spin and trust me that is not easy :P I love the purple... am I seeing a convert perhaps? I love the Bizzy Lizzy'isms too - nothing wrong with making words that perfectly describe what you mean. This is just an amazing layout I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought you might cave when you saw this sketch Lizzy :) I think Scrapfriends will be delighted to have you playing along again!!! Loe your page - the purple is fabulous and I love how you have interpreted the sketch. Precious photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved your take on sketch ..right from the chevrons ,"purple mist ",cute felt embellishments ,fussy cut photos and the GOLD !

    ReplyDelete
  16. great sketch to follow....love the layout with all those yummy goodies........great photos to compliment the embellishments... have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a lovely sketch, it is on my list!!hehe! I just need some time to sit and get my list done! Your layout is really lovely, I love the cut out photos and your golded chippies look great.. and purple is a wonderful color to use I reckon! and that heart doiley is pretty special too.. I hope you had a good day today!! We got 71 mills last night.. really really wonderful rain!! A bit cooler today, but oh so muggy!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Lizzy, I love what you've done with the sketch! This is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  19. sigh and swoon !!! such a sensational piece of arty delight. your work is so inspiring, love and hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO, so gorgeous....love all the little details...the golded chippie pieces look awesome... Fabulous take on the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. THAT GOLD OH MAN! Sorry, I will use my indoor voice! Super pretty and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just received the latest issue of Scrapbooking Memories magazine in the mail today. That's your layout on the cover, right?! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  23. CONGRATULATIONS on your SBM cover, Lizzy! Love this vibrant layout - loving that goldness! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so glad you joined us, Lizzy! This is gorgeous - who would have known about your dread of purple! Love the dashes of gold and chipboard arrows as well. A wonderful take on the sketch. So happy to have you join us at ScrapFriends from the other side, and especially with this sketch, being my first! Thanks for your support, as always.
    Congratulations too on being on the cover of Scrapbooking Memories! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another magnificent page...love all the layers & textured embellies you've used, Lizzy! Fabo take on the sketch :)))

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL, love your description of "dealing" with the color purple :) This is beautiful Lizzy! Very creative to make photo cutouts and the adorable little heart arrows as part of the drips! And of course thank you so much for still hanging out with SF! Hugs, Miae

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)