About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 22 February 2014

Page Drafts Valentines Challenge...

...using the most gorgeous sketches possible by Emma Stafrace. It was hard to choose one to use!!!
Anyways, I went with this one:
I wanted to follow the sketch quite closely....& I think I've succeeded....& I wanted to scrap about my Best Buddy...that one who's been there through it all - you know, the marriage, the kids, the divorce, the deaths....the everyday & the extraordinary. But I don't like to be soppy. So those feelings are covert rather than overt...but I hope you can see that this LO is still, despite not being soppy, about the love 2 friends share:)
The background is from a Heidi Swapp mask...I had ink over it after doing another page, so slapped it down on this paper so I didn't waste all that lovely ink!!!
My bottom corner cluster....seam binding ribbon from Craft Queen...chippy from Dusty Attic [YUP! Still managing to pop some on most of my pages:)], punched circles & hearts...
 I just adore the Cherry Flair from A Piece of Cake Designs...this one fitted rather perfectly, I thought!
 And more hearts, circles, washi tape tucked in & you can see where I've sewn the ribbon on too:)
 A few little arrow stamps to direct the eye! The pink hearts have been misted through the mask after I'd done the bg .... that worked pretty well!!!
I really enjoyed doing this page....for Old Chooks I reckon we don't look too bad....& it's fun to journey through life together with a BFF...right???!!!!
Blessings ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
PS: There are plenty of other sketches to choose from at Page Drafts....well worth a visit;)

19 comments:

  1. Wow, this is brilliant, Lizzy...and my new fav from you!!! Love the stamping on the background from stencil leftovers and the colours are all just gorgeous! This is an awesome take on the sketch....fabo work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the colors and the hearts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is really lovely Lizzy, love the back ground you both look gorgeous in the photos and the journalling is so special.. what is amazing too that we both used the same sketch for this challenge and probably were creating it the same time as each other.. I am beginning to wonder about us!!hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Lizzy!!! just love the hearts everywhere...great take on the sketch...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumalicious Lizzy….love the theme and the layout. Yes BFF,s do not need to see each often to remain connected. Love the background, especially the pink hearts and the seam binding :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was soo carried away by the journaling.. .thinking..will my friendship will also stay like this so scrolled back to see the details..I loved the photos,crinkled ribbon , yummy colors and banner ,hearts ..lovely page !

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is way too cool Miss Lizzy! Love the background work and yummy colour combo. Gorgeous work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that background you have created and the mix of colors you have used. Great photos and journalling and a fab take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous Lizzy, I love how you journaled in strips and the palette is simply beautiful, I have to say the same as Linda, my new fave from you, You certainly created a beautiful page looks like you had fun with this one ;) Thank you for joining in on the challenge. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well she's done it again....another gorgeous layout Lizzy....created with lots of love, how special... and I can relate to having such a Best Friend that is always there, no matter what.............Love every little detail...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your background with all the hearts ( you could use this at Orange Paperie ;) challenge this month ) I hate to waste ink/paint as well. Beautiful journalling and yes you both look great for two old chooks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh this is awesome!!! Love the sketch you chose and love what you did with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awsome, cut and gorgeous Lizzy, a fab stencil work with the hearts. Love the cartoon/sketch like look on the page using a black pen. I hope you both had a great time cathing up with eachother lives and gossip :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I've been mia Lizzy - just a busy time! Anyway, I have time to look around tonight and I love what you've created! Great layout and it's not soppy at all! Sounds like you're friend is very lucky to have you....

    ReplyDelete
  15. ADORABLE! What a nice job! The contrasts really made me happy on this page as did the title and the doodling around the hearts! So pretty! Glad you got it down on paper too! That is important!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a lovely page. I love all the hearts! It is nice to have a BFF. :) You ladies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Lizzy this is soooooooooooooooooo pretty and fun! LOVE, love, love what you've done here! Sooooooooo eye-catching! FABULOUS page!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cool that you got to go cruising. I love the colours on this one and that background is stunning. Love the hearts. Such bright fun colours. Perfect for BFF's

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)