About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 9 February 2014

February LESSology ~ #33 ~ Happy Mail Day...

....hmmmnnnn...I wonder what you have to use for this month's LESSology challenge???!!! Errr...that would be ENVELOPES! 
For my inspiration to you, I've collected a pile of old envelopes from Christmas time & created a mini album, to document my annual trip to visit my BFF, Sue....so, the photos aren't in yet...but that's the easy-peasy part, right??!!!! 
And, of course, my recycled element is.....the envelopes! I've stayed with one 6x6 pad of Basic Grey 'Carte Postale' papers [thanks Jasmine S!!!] - to provide a sort of 'continuity', but apart from this, I've just used up all those bits & pieces, older alphas, odd ones etc that have been lying around. This is photo heavy. Just warning you!!!

The top shows the front & back covers. Mary B sent me this fabulous thick card stock envelope, so it made the PERFECT base for my cover!
As you can see, I've used all different sizes & shapes for some added interest....the little 'good stuff' envelope came from Sanna, as did the tags of different colours. I punched the holes in the envelopes, & used eyelets so the edges didn't rip...but because I then added pp on some of the back sides, they covered the holes. Oops! So I just dug out some more holes. You live & learn!!!


 I'm still experimenting with Photoshop to do collages...so sorry for the blurry shots.....
Slightly clearer shots! See the candles in the middle shot above? They're actually stamps on the envelope...!!!
I've even pre-popped on a polaroid frame on [sticker, from Echo Park!]...most of the photos for this album will be from my phone, so most will be small. Hoping that works! Those film strips are a stamp.
So, that's it - it didn't actually take long at all & was really fun. I'm glad that after holidaying with my  girlfriend for, like, YEARS, I'll finally have a little album to celebrate what we do!!!
Would LOOOVE you to join us at LESSology - I'm sure you'll be able to think up plenty of envelope using ideas!!!!
Happy Scrapping, Lizzy ♥♥♥

15 comments:

  1. OMGoodness.......how "WOW" is this! Totally love this, Lizzy.......very clever. Loving all of your other creations as I scroll down too.......gorgeous work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how fantastic is this lizzy - love it -xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is awesome even without the photos and journaling. Loooooooove it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun and fabulous project and a great way to use the envelopes....I love the random, eclectic feel of it, just perfect for a holiday album :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously how cute is that album! so clever and I love how all the bits and pieces come together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of all those bits and pieces. I'm feeling inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got use out of the envelope. Love mini albums , they are always so interesting. Love your album, it's like going on an adventure

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh You are clever! and this looks wonderful.. I am sure it will be a wonderful little book to look through over and over and you have used those envelopes in such in interesting way.. love it.. well done on your re-cycling too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your take on the current challenge over Lessology! This mini is super fun and wonderful!.... Lots of details to see... Great upcycle project Lizzy!... You are amazing!
    Have a great week ahead .... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous project Lizzy! It looks fantastic. Your blog is always so full of inspiration.
    Sorry for being MIA lately. Sometimes I have a look at your work but I simply do not have the time to comment. Rest assured... I always know what you're up to. Lol!
    Have a lovely week. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just AMAZING!! I loveeeeee how you used those envelopes!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What an excellent way to use envelopes! Super creative and eye-catching! <3!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant! I LOVE this awesome mini! So much to look at! I'm sure you had fun putting this together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! I love this.... what a fabulous little album to remember you trip with. I think I am going to have to snatch this idea and use it somewhere along the line.... it is gorgeous Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that is amazing, It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)