About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Elle's Studio Sketch...

I really do enjoy the little bits & bobs I've got from over at Elle's Studio. And as I was taking some photos of my Grand Boy last Friday, I was thinking about what he loves doing atm....so this page was born!
 This followed the sketch over there:
Got given this paper [thanks Jas S!!], & I am a SUCKER for checks....because it's so dominant, I tried to keep the rest pretty simple!
 A collection of Elle's Studio tags, Hello Dreams badge, Amy Tangerine stickers & Heidi Swapp ephemera....I fussied up the hexagon by adding those Cosmo Cricket tiny text stickers...
 Added a stamped sentiment here...
 ...& another here, then stapled it on...
 Thought I'd run a line of stitching down for added interest!!!
 This tag had a circle 'chunk' out of it's side [I'd used for something else!], so I just cut up another tag & layered those flags on here! Worked a treat:)
 Thought I should write WHO this is & WHEN it was taken..it all goes so quick & you THINK you'll remember, but of course, you never do! My Silly cut frame worked a treat for that:)
OH! I bought some WINDSOR & NEWTON India ink in the art store the other day....totally BRILLIANT for 'splats'!!!! 
Happy Scrappy Days to y'all ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

16 comments:

  1. Love all the layers and details. Super cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paper choices Lizzy - I'm a sucker for checks too. It's wonderful to see little kids being taken out to explore their world. It's easy to forget what they were doing at certain ages, 'cos they grow so fast, so this page is a gem....love the stars and the angled journalling spots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photos and the journal tags!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this.
    Great use of the frame and the colours are FUN! Awesome take on that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lots of fun!! I love your journalling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Lizzy - I love how you have used the Elles studio bits and bobs - I really like them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute Lizzy... For me its a winner! Wonderful journal too... and the cute photos!.... Nice hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This layout is busy, just like your little boy there, checking things out in the photo.. love the journalling and you are right, we think we will remember it all, but we don't.. and I love the gingham paper too!! Hope your day has been going well.. out all day again.. dying for a day at home to scrap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful job on the sketch Lizzy ! I loved the frame around photo n all the bits n bobs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome layout!!! Love all the layering and the idea of why you did this layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lizzy this is just soooooo sweet! Elle papers and embellies are PERFECT here! LOVE, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh what a superb page and he is sooo uber cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh he is growing up sooooo fast, a little boy now. Love the embellies they suit perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute little boy........ love how you have added the journaling...Brilliant work Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is so cute Lizzy....just love the photos and your take on the sketch is perfect....awesome layout x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet! Love this page! It really does go quickly! I got looking back over pages at Christmas and wished I had taken better care to write dates!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)