About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 20 February 2014

Berry71Bleu ~ February Mixed Media Challenge...

...who can resist Mixed Media these days? I sorta went WAAAAY OTT with this one....& Sandra will be cringing cos it is NOT useful. It WAS going to be..cos I  was going to keep it flat & still be able to clip stuff up...but - what can I say? The Mixed Media BEAT ME UP til I used lotsa stuff & it sorta overflowed all over the show......Here's the journey:
 Covered in ripped book paper, gel medium, then gesso & fibre paste [thanks Yvonne Y!] through a mask, then heat embossed & stamped Eiffel towers followed by molding paste through another mask...
Followed by more stamping, gesso, then some mists....more gesso & the finishing touches.......think I fulfilled the criteria for this challenge???!!!! LOL!!!!!!!
Et voila!
  The flowers are Dusty Attic & Kaisercraft [CSI/Flying Unicorn win]...the CHIPBOARD...yes, I'm overcoming THAT blockage well & truly is also Dusty Attic....heat emboss stamped, Distress painted then crackle accented it:
 
 Plasterer's tape gives LOVELY texture....some of the Liquid Pearls I've popped on then rubbed off...thought they looked more 'shabby' that way:):)
 I wanted this to be a nice bit of 'wall art' for my room.....& I think this is what Mixed Media is all about...hence the title!
 My Dusty Attic 'journey' chippy has been on one, too....started raw, then got coated in Inka Gold [Platinum], then I drew on it in black pen & finally gessoed over the top!
 Sorry about the long post, but I had such FUN with this & wanted to show you the 'journey' it took me on....thanks so much for looking & thanks BERRY71BLEU for putting on this challenge:):)
OTHER NEWS.....
Somehow I managed to scrape through to the 2nd round of the SUPREME SCRAP TOURNAMENT!
This time around you had to create a MONOCHROMATIC card that was also 3D. Talk about a challenge & a 1/2. Anyways, after struggling mightily, this is what I made:
 Scrap Happy! Lizzy♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, I really like your mixed media board and it looks like you had lots of fun creating with all those paints and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Well, the clipboard may not be useful for its initial purpose but now it can go on the wall. Wish it was on MY wall!! Really beautiful work. I'm learning so much from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a fabulous transformation and still very useful as a gorgeous wallhanging. I love how you have rubbed off some of the little liquid pearls. Looks like you had a heap of fun with it. Gorgeous card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the textures and the flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness that is so pretty! I love the "LOOK" that you captured with the flowers! Very shabby! And your card, those are so much fun! Love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your clipboard is absolutely stunning!!! I love how you have shared the process, too. Your card is amazing as well. Very creative and pretty. I think you nailed the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love your clip board, I may have on old one laying around here somewhere from the kids old school days, remind me NOT to throw it out, but keep it (with all the other stuff I will use one day!!) and have a go at MM.. Love all the textures, beads mesh and chippies.. Wonderful colors too.. I think you have the MM under control and you make it work for you! fabulous card too.. love the colors and is that barbed wire chippie or a die?? Looks great! I got my die out this morning to use on the layout that is waiting for my attention!!! Have a good day, still very very humid here, but we have had some rain.. I am guessing more on the way by the feel of it... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. That is mixed media magic! The textures are FAB! :)
    And love that monochromatic card...love the elements! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hush....lots and lots on that poor board : ) ..he..he..it has turned out beautifully gorgeous..all those textures..liquid pearl n crackled chippies ,flowers..loved them all .Happy to see a step card..All the best ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your descriptive posts Lizzy.. you are.always willing to share so much.....Love your textured board ....it, turned out brilliantly....Love it!
    Gorgeous card too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation Lizzy, love all the beautiful textures!! Your card is fabbo too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for taking me on the journey, I loved it. Who could not love a journey that includes the Eiffel Tower for heavens sake. Love all the texture and the title. Cool card as well Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Lizzy, you have the MM techniques off pat. A superb descriptive process to inspire and delight. Love the card with the barbed wire Chippie.....you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Lizzy this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love seeing the process and end result! This looks fabulous! Yeah to you on the card....you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...that clipboard is mixed media paradise! It's got everything! Lots of textures & colors & designs--a lot of little things to admire! Fabulous work & great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That clipboard is so cool! Love all the texture and layers and detail! Thanks so much for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your take on the SST, simply brilliant! It certainly was a hard challenge. Absolutely love your clipboard, fabulous to see it evolve...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks great - I love the evolving clipboard pics! And great card too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG that clipboard is amazinggggggg....wow, you are really rocking the mixed media, Lizzy! Keep em coming, I love it!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous clipboard Lizzy! I LOVE all the texture. Thanks so much for the inspiration! It's always great to see your entries for Berry71Bleu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Such wonderful colors and textures on this creation! Amazing work! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71bleu!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome work as always Lizzy! Love all your textures, background...Just loving it all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a stunning clipboard Lizzy! So love all the techniques and added textures...so fabulous! Love the little card too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)