Monday, April 9, 2012

Let's Get Shabby Challenge #33

Hi guys - I had an absolute BALL with this one over at LET'S GET SHABBY ...inked, gessoed, painted, you name it, I did it! Here's the inspiration piccy:
 Well, believe it or not, I have had these 2 photos hanging around since Tassy, waiting to be scrapped - with this challenge we were asked to explain our inspiration. For me, it most definitely came with the flowers in the inspiration piece because of my photos...how could I NOT scrap these? They are just PERFECT!

Also, I won a while back from Keren Tamir a copy of the Creative Sketches book [online copy] by Kristine Davidson, which I printed out & had the above cardboard as the cover. I knew sooner or later a challenge would come along to make a pretty cover. And Let's Get Shabby is it!

I've done a step by step photo for this one, so if you want to skip that, just scroll down for my completed book cover:)
1 - gessoed

2 - painted

3 - heat embossed & more gesso

4 - added paint colour to even more gesso for some texture
5 - added the fussy cut photo, then heat embossed it to 'melt' & give some texture, plus inked & gessoed over it to make it fade into the bg a little. More pink/yellow ink rubbed into the rest of the cover

My finished cover. I had a blast making this & a BIG thanks to both Jessica & Mary...who very kindly sent me some of goodies....they've been put to good use:):) Here's some close ups:





I know, this is a loooong post - but I haven't put many up, being on holidays.....
You can stop reading right here, or take a peek at what the Step Grandies & I have been up to today. Beautiful weather here on the Sunshine Coast...they've already had a swim, so I thought this would be FUN after lunch. B got a new camera at Christmas, so had LOTS of photos that she went through & handed out to C & G so they could scrap a page too. They're such cuties & were sooooo proud of their efforts. It was great to see a boy scrapping, too, even if he cut one of his photos into the shape of a canon & then I had to cut out a canon ball for it????!!!!!!!!


Take care, now, enjoy the little bit of the Easter break that is left:):)
Cheers, Lizzy H 


24 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzy! It looks like you have been up to lots of creative fun! The book cover looks amazing, and it is also very practical for you... The kids have created fabulous layouts too!! I hope you had a lovely Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your step by step and it looks fabulous, and how good is the little ones layouts, budding scrappers there for sure. Hope you had a lovely holiday and Easter and thank you so much for the kind comment you left on LTC's Blog x
    Cheers
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Might have to do the Let's Get Shabby Challenge, love those colours in the pic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love love love your cover!! Soooooo gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeee the colors and all the textures!!! And the kids ROCKED their pages!!! WOWWWWWWW!! Future scrappers in the making!! WOW!!! I loveeeeeeeeee them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lizzy, I am so in love with that background and all your beautiful details, just gorgeous. Your grand kids have done such an awesome job with their pages too! Maybe crafty like their grandma! I think Show Us Your Stuff has a competition for kids to enter their pages, you should get them to submit them =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Background is Magnificent!! Such a WONDERFUL layout Lizzy...
    The grand kids have done a FANTASTIC job & I agree with Georgia the Kids should enter their pages in the SUYS Comp...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a brilliant background you created on that cover...I can see you had lots of fun! Also fab what the kids have done...I love it when they scrap, certainly memories to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love your background♥ What your kids have done is simply stunning! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love this!!! So arty!!! And the kids looked to of had a blast - love their creations! How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh lizzy you have outdone yourself again with this one it is absolutely stunning! As for the kids work well, obviously creativity runs in your family! They are great pages!!
    Oh and the white writing on my photo is an Ali Edwards digital brush:)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your album cover lizzy and the pics of the grandies pages. thanks for playing with us at shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous shabbiness Lizzy! Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What wonderful creations! Looks like the kidos had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow Lizzy what a fabulous post .... so much delight here ... your cover is divine. such rich colors and design .... love all of your photos looks like it was a lot of fun xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for sharing your techniques, I am always scaared to get so messy, love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg! I in love with your cover you have created! Thank you for sharing your steps, love to see how these amazing creations come to life. So cool to see the kids having creative fun with you too...these are the moments to cherish :) (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, your cover looks amazing! So much work has gone into it & it shows...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whooo Hooooo Congrats on the DT position, totally deserved, you will rock it

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love the cover! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow. Your cover is great, so much lovely detail and texture and the finished project certainly does look like spring. Love your photos too. Thanks for playing along at Lets Get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Lizzy you have been getting into all types of media...this looks so beautiful, I just love how you have interpreted the inspiration picture. Thanks so much for popping by my blog all the time too, I finally made it over to your hehe!!! Take care and hope you aren't getting too wet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your photos and all your work, it's georgous and it's really springfull!!!

    Thanks for playing along at Lets Get Shabby with us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your creative layout, Lizzy!!!Thank you for playing along with us at shabby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cover..so many lovely details..Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)