Wednesday, February 29, 2012

DISCOVER...

what's going on over at Bird is the Word.... oh, yeah, it's..... DISCOVER!!! That's the word & you can find the post for it HERE.
I was checking out Keren Tamir's FAB blog & really connected with her DT eg for BITW... she was writing how she'd love to visit Italy... & I remembered the AMAZING times DH & I had exploring Italy, France & England [at different times, of course!!] .....& I wanted to show that. After all, travel is one of the ways many, many people discover the world around them as well more about themselves:):)
So, after checking the BITW site, I DISCOVERED you can do OTP projects as well as LO's. GREAT, since I'd just picked up this wooden [pine] frame in the Op Shop on Monday for $2!!!
I am soooo excited that I managed to do this, that there's going to be a few photos on the way through. Hope you can put up with the dribble... otherwise skip down the post to post to DISCOVER my entry:):):) I'm liking this word.......
Orf we goooooo:
After gesso-ing the wood frame & adding alphas.
I added the glittery, hot pink & black eiffel tower.... not QUITE the colour scheme I had in mind...
So....after the inital layer of paint, gessoed it up:)
And after the 2nd layer of paint [blue this time:)], & some stamping, here 'tis. All pretty:):)


Just in case you were getting bored, here's the finished product. I took these photos in France, down the South West. That door is just a door in the street! The Roman statue is part of a museum in what was an old church!

Do you like what I've done to Big Ben???!!!! Those American Crafts glittery [in a good way] brads have been 'the' best buy:):)
 

I guess I'd better stop now. Thanks to Bird is the Word for this 'DISCOVER' word.... it made me pull out those old photos... 
Cheers, Lizzy H

14 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWWW! This is amazing my dearest!!! WOW!!!! You ROCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Lizzy such a stunning OTP project!! ADORE all your mixed media technique!! Thanks for sharing with us at BITW :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this, you are rocking it Lizzy. You have done a amazing job with the frame

    Cheers
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizzy.. this looks amazing! well done on doing an OTP!! i love it!! and i am sure you have discovered lots in your travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work!!! WTG on doing such a brilliant OTP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is simply AWESOME!!!!!!! Love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! I cannot believe what that Eiffel Tower looked like before and after! I love having decorated frames around my house but none are as amazing as this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! This is so beautiful!!!!!!
    Thanks for playing along at BITW:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lizzy!! amazing!! I love what you did with this!! thanks for joining us at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lizzy, you have outdone yourself here - I want one of these 1!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE!! I think the gesso won me to begin with...it's funny how a bit of paint can cure anything! Really enjoyed this project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Lizzy! This is spectacular girl! You have rocked this altered art piece. Thanks for sharing at BITW :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is fantastic
    I love it!
    xx and tks for playint along with us at BITW
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous work!! Thanks for playing with us at BITW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)